PRISM offers opportunities to ambitious candidates seeking a rigorous working environment. We prioritise multi-lingual candidates with journalistic/investigative backgrounds and immaculate writing skills, with interest in business, politics and law is a pre-requisite. We also welcome individuals with sectoral expertise in natural resources and economics.
Job Description – Senior Political Risk Analyst, Eurasia
PRISM is recruiting a Senior Political Risk Analyst with knowledge and experience of Central Asia. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to develop deep expertise in Eurasian region and the industry sectors in which PRISM clients operate.
A political risk analyst at PRISM must demonstrate an ability to describe in a clear and specific manner the impact that political and economic dynamics will have on client strategies and operations. To do this, the successful candidate will be required to do both open-source research and maintain a network of contacts. This will involve regular travel to the region.
The candidate will also need to demonstrate the ability to present their findings in a clear and direct manner through written reports and presentations to clients.
Strong candidates will demonstrate an ability to deepen their understanding of client industry sectors with a view to improving existing products, developing new offerings to clients, and winning new business.
The role is a full-time role based in London, UK. Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK. Travel to the Eurasian region will be expected.
Candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter to [email protected]. We also welcome the submission of relevant examples of candidate writing.
- Identifying topics, researching, and writing up political risk reports on Eurasia
- Researching and writing major political risk reports for clients
- Responding to client requests on issues of political risk
- Presenting to clients and to public audiences
- Supporting business development activities
- A self-starter
- Ability to independently identify, investigate, and write up reports on topics of interest to PRISM clients
- Strong networking skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with competing deadlines
- At least three years’ experience of political risk analysisor a background in a relevant sector in the region (energy, mining, banking)
- An understanding of the investment activities and functioning of relevant industry sectors, including energy (oil and gas, new energies), mining, and banking
- Working knowledge of political risk in Central Asia and the South Caucasus
- A working understanding of macro economics
- Experience of living or extensive travel in the region
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and with the client audience in mind
- Ability to travel independently on research assignments
- Ability to present to clients and public audiences
- Russian language fluency
- An existing contact network in the region
- Experience of presenting at public events and writing for the media
- Experience in either the energy or mining industries
- Knowledge or experience of ESG issues
- Business development experience